Friday, October 12, 2012

Kitchen floor


Kitchen floor before, bare down to the subfloor- look at my husband working so hard :)  


I have been working on different projects in my kitchen for the last little bit. I was undecided on which type of flooring I was going to put down. All my floors are hardwood and I initially wanted to do tile in my kitchen to make it stand out but instead I went a different route. I was at the store with my husband trying to decide on flooring and I didn't want to put a fortune into the floor but it needed to be replaced.I couldn't find any tile that I liked and wasn't crazy about laminate in the kitchen. All my other floors are solid oak flooring but I didnt want to fool with all the staining & upkeep that goes along with wood flooring.We were about to leave when my husband spotted the above style flooring. It is a vinyl planking that looks like real wood and it has a 25 year waranty. Each plank is about 8 inches wide and it is so simple to install. The installation is similar to installing laminate except its way easier.Me and my husbnad put this new flooring down in one day, meaning everything was tore out and replaced in the same day !  In the end I kepy my rustic/country kitchen feel and I love the floor ! It was simple and it only cost about $230 to do the entire kitchen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment