Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shingles for slippery steps


I recently re-did my front entryway and used a non-slip paint on my front steps.The steps were not slick but I felt they needed some added protection. I needed to do something and wanted to use what I had at home. So I found some old roofing shingles I had from about 15 yrs ago that were covered up in my building. I wasn't sure if they would work but I decided to give it a try. I got the shingles out to make sure they were salvageable and they were. I then took a utility knife and cut them to fit. Next I took some old roofing nails and tacked them to my steps.The real test came when it poured the rain down the next day. The shingles did amazing, and the best part was it didn't cost me anything since I had the shingles on hand. If you try this and don't have any old shingles at your house ,I would check a local Habitat for Humanity store, they usually have some there at a discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment